Marketing Automation – Your New Best Friend
For individuals and organizations who view any form of automation as an annoyance rather than a convenience, the term “Marketing Automation” might sound a little intimidating. However, the set of tools that make up Marketing Automation are highly beneficial and are designed to help marketers become more effective in their roles.
So, what is “Marketing Automation”? While some marketers may enjoy posting on various social media platforms, sending out hundreds of emails and the dozens of other day-to-day tasks they are in charge of, it can be difficult to manage and perform all of these tasks perfectly. This is where Marketing Automation—the set of software and technologies that streamlines those repetitive marketing tasks—comes into play. These tools help marketers more easily prioritize their responsibilities and allow marketers more time for content creation, client communication and more. Marketing Automation can help with:
- Email Marketing
- Landing Page Creation
- Measuring ROI
- Website Personalization
…and so much more! With the ever-changing roles and technologies that marketers have to learn, and the changes the accompany organizational growth, Marketing Automation is essential for marketers who want to keep performing at their very best. While some might say that Marketing Automation produces spam and is a replacement for marketing as a whole, these ideas are misconceptions. Marketing Automation simply helps you better strategize your efforts and utilize your marketing team more efficiently.
Below are just a few statistics that show how Marketing Automation will allow your company to grow in multiple areas:
- 22% of marketers report that they aren’t confident they can stay up to date with Marketing automation best practices, 79% was confident they could. – B2Bmarketing.net and Circle Research “Benchmarking Report Marketing automation” (2015)
- On average, 49% of companies are currently using marketing automation, and more than half of B2B companies (55%) are adopting the technology. –EmailMonday
- Searches for ‘marketing automation’ are at an all time high according to Google. –Google Trends
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience as much as a 451% increase in qualified leads. –The Annuitas Group
- 77% of CMOs at top performing companies indicate their most compelling reason for implementing marketing automation is to drive up revenue. –Gleanster
- 67% of B2B marketers say they see at least a 10% increase in sales opportunities through lead nurturing, with 15% seeing opportunities increase by 30% or more. (Demand Gen Report, 2014) (Source: Hubspot)
- 64% of marketers say they saw the benefits of using marketing automation within the first six months of its implementation. (Regalix, 2015) (Source: Hubspot)
Now that you’ve learned a little more about Marketing Automation, you can understand its importance in making your role more strategic and its effect on your team’s performance. If used properly, Marketing Automation can be your new best friend.